Thursday, October 25, 2007

Last Week's Test

So far, I've been baffled by this A & P class. There is so much material to swallow, and it is so difficult, that when I take the tests, I'm sure I've failed. When I get the tests back, I'm getting A's. I think there's some sort of conspiracy for me to do well going on here.

The last test I got back, I knew I had really screwed up. I left off half of the explanation for one of my essay questions, and completely froze on labeling the muscle diagram. I ended up labeling it something like : endosteum, periosteum, fascicle, cell, fiber. Then I repeated the 5 words I could remember 4 times to fill 20 blanks. (of course I later remembered that even endosteum and periosteum were wrong, and were actually bone words) I wrote a note at the bottom saying "This diagram was hard, it looks like all the arrows are pointing to the same things." Although that was completely true, if I had studied harder I would have been fine.

So, I get the test back last week, expecting a C, and I have a 91%. The only A in the class. Nothing was marked wrong on my essay questions. Nothing was marked wrong on my diagram. I thought she might have missed grading that entire portion of the test, but she had written a note back to me under the muscle diagram that said, "LOL, you did fine!"

WHAT? Well, whatever, I'll take it. I really need an A.

4 comments:

Nikol said...

I just wanted to say that I have a bachelor's in English as well, and I am going to nursing school. I really enjoy reading your blog! Wish you wrote more! But I completely understand because I don't post very often either. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

RN Someday said...

yes - those A's will get you into the nursing program - that's for sure

philippinenurse said...

Get your FREE Nursing Community Logo here: http://philippinenurse.blogspot.com/search/label/FREE%20NURSING%20LOGO

dannielle said...

I have added you to my blogroll, and would like to make sure it is ok. Please email me at dbwalter@gmail.com and let me know.

http://lifeasastudentnurse.wordpress.com/

Thanks,
Dannielle